Monday 13 October 2014

Day 67 – Real-eyes-ing words.

 I am no expert with words, nor with grammar and sentence structure, but I have realised the structure of words, and how one can play with these words one know. I have also discovered my relationship with words, how I see them and what feelings/emotions I have attached towards them through life experiences.
One word which I loved at a time was amuse/amusing – I don’t know why I loved this word so much, but as I realised the meaning of this word one day after I had used a dictionary for the first time in years, I couldn’t stopped use it. I had to incorporate it into everything I was about to say, if it were to be highly appropriate or not, I’d squeeze it in. My favourite phrase was: “Amusing myself” whenever someone would ask me what am I doing. This was part of my life for a minimum of at least a year.
Then, sometime later, the word abundance approached me, and showed itself in the naked form of its existence. This made me feel like I have discovered my second love. Meaning the word amuse which was my first love… no more existed.
Why did I love this word so much? Mainly because I could see a bun dance. Somehow because of this real-eyes-ation of how a word can break apart to create smaller words has showed me this is not the one and only word which you can take and break it up. All these great, complex, other wisely known as difficult words, don’t have to be such a mountain in front of me anymore. Since this word has showed me the newly discovered way to go, I can actually spell way better, and remember words more easily, and derive the meaning of the word by just looking at it. Also how one can play and be creative with this.

The only word I can think of at the moment which I have a negative emotion toward is f-ear, for when I h-ear with my ear-s the s-ear f-ears other might sp-ear (at me), for instance the news with the Ebola virus – the hyperbolic reaction everyone’s creating because of it, this brings up fears within me and probably everyone else. It’s an uneasy, dissatisfying feeling one feels right.

No comments:

Post a Comment