Sunday 31 August 2014

Day 54 – Took an arrow to the knee

 I didn't literally took an arrow to the knee, otherwise I would not be sitting here typing, but I did take a rock to the knee, and it hurts like hell. How this happened was because of a fire here in the valley, and we were called out to help put it out.

As we arrived, we started to put the fire out, we were a team of 5 guys with fire beaters. Now while the fire is out there blazing hot in the fields, you can see clearly, even though it looks like you are in some kind of Elders Scroll game: Oblivion. So, as the fire dies out because of our man power with these fire beaters, it became dark, almost pitch black and this is where I tripped on a massive rock and fell face first on the ground. I managed to do this because of the 3 jackets I had collected, meaning my hands were full.

Now as I fell and hit the ground where my knee jammed into this massive rock and hurting it, I instantly started to fear of what might happen to me as I was here all alone in this field (the other people already left on foot, in a hurry to the next location of the fire) with my leg feeling almost numb whilst my knee felt like its been cut off, I feared for my safety, feared that I might get left behind, and be lost.

Meaning - because of these fears I tried to stand up as quickly as possible to get off the hot ground, and to catch up with the other people I realised that I was crippled because of my knee. This is when I started to experience even more fear, here I am in an unknown field which just burnt down, in the dark and no one in sight thinking/fearing I might have broken my leg as the pain spiked throughout my whole right leg as I stepped on it, with no one to help me. Suddenly realising that I am also out of breath, because of this shock and fears.

This is when I realised that fear is any man's downfall, and that a person have to deal with these fears to get rid of them, to get along, to be able to stand up for yourself, to stand up tall in any situation and not let your mind and it's fears get in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment