Wednesday 4 February 2015

Day 90 - Unsafe

Capturing a thought in mid-air, always fascinating.

That thought would be that I feel unsafe within what I do for a living, meaning my occupation. I find this all too strange still, working on my own time, making my own decisions, where I have to implement self-direction and responsibility. Thus, through doing all of this, I will be the one who decides how much I will be earning at the end of a month, and how far I will be driving myself to do better.

Now that is all linked to this one thought - Being unsafe. Why I feel unsafe within this is because if one day in the month I decide not to do any of this, then I’ll bear the consequences of my actions.  It is so easy to say today I am taking a day off, or not even taking a day off but acting as if I am working while actually doing nothing, expecting myself to move forward with such an attitude. Whereas this creates the thought of where I would think I am unsafe.

So after this particular thought, I’d have a follow-up of other thoughts where my mind will think of a different situation where I will actually feel safe within, for example working for a boss, being the employee. Where I know whatever I do, my salary at the end of the month will stay the same, so it is then basically “safe” to take a day off, while at work, meaning acting as if you are working whilst not, but still getting paid. A mind fuck, yes.

So, I’ll be looking into this for the next few days, and set myself free from this illusion that I am unsafe, and just realise that self-direction is not only in your business world that needs to be applied, but also in everyday life.

Just for the record, being an employee doesn’t necessarily make you safe…


No comments:

Post a Comment