Wednesday 4 June 2014

Day 8 – Procrastination

NowEvery day of the week I have duties to be done at a fixed point in time, otherwise if I don’t get it done, I will affect the flow of work for others, this is no problem for me - I do it on time. Where the problem with procrastination and I comes into action is when I have to write up my blog, or when I have other stuff to do for myself.

Now, for my procrastination and my personal duties - every time when it’s an hour to half an hour before these duties that I have to do, I will stall my own duties, they don’t have fixed points in time which it has to be done and it will not hinder any other people, but only myself, if it’s being postponed until the last minute, understand?

So, the pattern works as follow; I will think about writing my blog for the day, but its half past 3, where as my other duties starts at 4, then in my mind I will tell myself; “no, do it after your 4o’clock duties, 30 minutes will not be enough time to do the writing in, or it will affect my work of flow, hindering me”, but in reality it is more than enough time to do the writing. This happens again later the same day, after the duties, I start telling myself that I will do it after dinner, shower or whatever, and this is how the pattern continues.

Postponing my time by this pattern, usually have a consequence, where I might get very busy after all my duties are done and by that time, I still haven’t done my writing/blog which is in reality, quite late at night, where one will go again about it (Procrastinating) and say “I am to tired now, lets do it some other time” etc. This is only one of the examples. Another example might be where I have been postponing myself from learning how to play the piano for a whole month now. Will I ever get to learn how to play the piano, if I keep this procrastination up? No, it is time for change.

No comments:

Post a Comment